I have a lot of places I like to go to write. The Springville Library, the trail off of Snake Pit, the Elk Ridge Park, my kitchen, etc. I have to have so many because sometimes some of them don't work out. The Springville library is far away, and sometimes when I get there, all the good seats are taken. Sometimes I don't want to walk to Snake Pit or the park where random people may walk by me, but sometimes I just want to get out of the house so the kitchen is no good. I think it's because my writer's psyche is always trying to get me to procrastinate so I have to come up with all sorts of excuses not to, and not having the perfect place to write is an easy excuse.
My current favorite writing spot I've only actually used twice. I didn't consider it as a spot until I had to bring my car in for inspection stuff and I had to wait for it at Peteetneet. I don't know why, but it was really nice there. There were even some people there, and I was still fine with being there. That's kind of weird. But it was really sunny and quiet, even though there were cars driving past all the time. I sat on one of the benches and wrote for awhile, I took a break on the swings, then I found a new place to write on the playground, then I climbed around on the swing set (probably not the smartest idea, but I was careful), and even though there were gardeners around mowing the lawn, I felt really comfortable there. I don't know why, but it's a nice place. It's not just a place I go to try to make myself write, I just like going there.
I even have an enemy on the playground. There's this big hairy spider that's been hanging around both the times I went. He's never gotten close to me yet, but I always seem to spot him, no matter where I sit. Oddly, that makes it kind of fun. I would've thought that having a freaky looking spider following me around there would bug me, but I just giggle when I see it. Plus, today, I got to escape it by going down the slide. I felt so sneaky!
I don't know if my joy at hanging out at Peteetneet is going to last - I'm sure I'll find something wrong with it eventually - but for now, it's fun to go and get lost in my own little world and take breaks by being a kid again.
No comments:
Post a Comment